4.13.2010

Just this weekend I finished this birthday gift for my mom.  I LOVE it.  I might have to make myself one in another color sometime.  The yarn is Cascade Alpaca Lace Paints.  This colorway is green with small sections of brown and dark blue.  It is laceweight.  I based it on the Alpine Frost Scarf pattern from Interweave Crochet.  I believe it was the Winter 2008 issue.  They used a different yarn and a smaller hook size.  I used an H hook and made fewer pattern repeats across.  It is worked from end to end.  I didn't even have to use the whole hank and I payed about $10 for it.  This was a very affordable gift.  It did take quite a bit of time to make, but since I was traveling this weekend, I had lots of time to work on it while flying and waiting in airports.  It is very soft, lacey, and drapey.  Now I've got to get back to work on a design project!

Have a cheery day everyone!

April

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Can't wait to see it in person. What happens if mom reads the blog before you give it to her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually already showed it to her. I figured I would have to work on it this weekend while we were visiting Pompom if I wanted to get it done. So, she's already seen it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete