10.05.2010

Busy Swatching and Etsy Treasuries

Well, my faithful blog readers, you may be surprised and dubious to know that I have not forgotten about you.  I haven't had much exciting news since my last post, and nothing to show for all the work I am doing.  I have been busy making swatches for an upcoming project.  I have also been working on an inventory of my supplies and completed items, as I will need this come tax time. 

I have so many great ideas of things I'd like to design and make.  I don't have nearly enough to time to bring all of my great ideas to fruition -- one of the downsides to creative thinking.

I have made a crochet-themed treasury on Etsy, and two other Etsy sellers have recently featured some of my items in their treasuries.  That's always fun.  Treasuries can be so pretty.  If you aren't familiar with them, a treasury is a themed collection of items that a seller puts together (just digitally, not on paper) and lists in the "Treasury" section of Etsy.  You can view the treasury list by going to http://www.etsy.com/ and scrolling down.  On the left hand side there is a tab for the Treasury.  Click there.  I will caution you though that the default method of sorting for the list is by the most popular first.  Unfortunately, many of the most popular treasuries contain items that depict scantily-clad, or un-clad, people, so, if that bothers you, as it does me, proceed with caution.  I usually don't click on the treasury tab until I have my hand strategically-placed slightly to the right of center to cover the pictures.  You can still see the titles, and hopefully you'll be able to tell by the title what you can expect from that particular treasury.  Anyway, I will give you some links for the treasury that I made, and the two where you can see my items.  All three of them are perfectly appropriate.

Here is the link for the crochet-themed treasury that I made: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4ca35832c9fe8eef8fd9d7c3/hooked?index=1  It does not include any of my own items.  Typically it is not considered good manners to put your own items in a treasury.  The idea is to feature the work of other artists.

My bolero pattern is in this one:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c95fac6e6f28eef88156f14/a-wedding-in-oklahoma?index=2
My mitten pattern is in this one:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4caa4c860ed48eef307d00fa/teal-harvest?index=0  This treasury is really beautiful!  I'm honored to be a part of it!

I hope that you are all enjoying some fun crafting too! Have a lovely fall day!

April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment