1.27.2011

Crochet Daffodils

This creation is a birthday gift for one of my girls.  I started crocheting the daffodils about a year ago from some yarn that Mr AC gave me for Christmas 2009.  I found this pattern in Crochet Today, Jul/Aug 2009.  It's called "Always-Blooming Bouquet" by Linda Permann.  There are two varieties of flowers in this pattern, but I only made the daffodils.  They turned out so cute!  So, I made the crocheted portion of the flowers a loooooong time ago, but never did anything else with them until a couple weeks ago, when my daughter told me that her room wasn't fancy and she wanted things to decorate it with.  Well, since her birthday was coming up, I decided to finally finish this project for her room.  I added the wires and wrapped them in green yarn for the stem, and found the pink and green butterflies on floral wire, as well as the beaded accent piece at Hobby Lobby.  I used a chipboard fruit snack box and some pretty paper, also from Hobby Lobby, and Mod Podge to make the box.  I used the Mod Podge to glue the paper to the box, and than to coat the paper to make it a bit shiny.  I put a piece of styrofoam in the bottom to poke the stems into, and trimmed them down to the length I wanted.  I even packed a bit of fiber-fill around the stems inside the box to hold everything in place.  Then I used four thumbtacks inside the box, poking through the box and into the wall to hang it up.  You could make this even more kid-friendly by hanging it up with some wide sticky-back velcro.  My daughter loves it, and I do too! 

I'm still working on a lengthy design project that has been ongoing since October or November, I forget.  I'm getting close though.  I'm hoping to finish it by the end of February, then I already have another design lined up that will fit one of my girls. (hint)

Happy crafting!  Please leave comments, I love to know what you think about my projects!

April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment