3.15.2011

Vote Now for the 2011 Flamie Awards!

It is now time to vote for the 2011 Flamie Awards!  I am especially excited about this year's voting because one of my designs is a finalist -- "Spring Creek Jumper" is one of the finalists for Best Crochet Design for Children.  Laurie Wheeler, Fearless Leader of the Crochet Liberation Front, has put together a voting reference guide with the help of some lovely assistants.  You can look through all of the information about the nominees before you vote, thereby allowing you to educate yourselves prior to casting your votes.  When you're finished looking through the reference guide you can cast your votes by clicking the "Vote Now" link at the top of it.  I hope you'll go cast your votes!!!  And it wouldn't bother me at all if you voted for my design ;)

Since my last blog post I've been still working on designs #1 and #2.  You might wonder why these are taking SOOOO long.  Well, design #1 is kind of a first for me, and I have completely ripped it out, made significant changes to the pattern, and hopefully will be near completion soon.  As for design #2, it's been taking a backseat to my work on #1, though there has also been some ripping out and re-doing there too....one of the hazards of the job.

I don't think I ever shared a picture of this on the blog.  I made this sweet baby dress for a friend of mine who is having a baby this week.  Her baby shower was a few weeks ago...
This was not my own design.  This came from Crochet Today May/June 2010.  It is "Sunshine Baby Dress" by Linda Permann.  I altered the pattern quite a bit to make it a 3 month size.  The smallest size in the pattern was a 6 month size.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton, the softest 100% Cotton I've ever felt.  I thought it turned out pretty cute!  What do you think?
Have a great week, and happy crocheting!

April :)

4 comments:

  1. that link takes us to your etsy store! Cute Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe that is the same dress from the magazine. It is gorgeous. The beautiful colours really bring out the stitch pattern. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - thank you for pointing that out. I'm not sure how I made that mistake but it should be fixed now.
    Sarah & Anonymous - thank you for the compliments on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! April, this dress is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete