10.26.2011

Finished Christmas Stocking (slightly off-topic)

I finally finished Baby's Christmas stocking!  This is obviously not crocheted.  It is a kit that I bought with felt pieces and thread.  This has been my "Sunday Project" for quite some time.  What I mean by that is that I don't do business on Sunday, I adhere to the Biblical commandment to "remember the Sabbath day, and keep it holy".  While sewing isn't really a "holy" task.  It gave my hands something to do while we were driving to and from church or visiting with family on Sunday evenings, and it was making something nice for my Baby.  It is pretty typical for me to start on each child's stocking just after their first Christmas and finish it in time for their third Christmas, when they are 2 years old.  But now they are all done.  This one turned out so cute, just perfect for her personality.  You might wonder why her name isn't on it.  It actually is, but it is embroidered on a fancy felt tag that hangs off the top, which I have hidden since I only use my kids' secret code names on the blog.  Do you have handmade Christmas stockings for your family?  What kind?  Tell me about them!

I am busy on a design project this week, but close to finishing that.  I have some yarn on the way for submission swatches.

Happy crocheting everyone!

April :)

3 comments:

  1. I do remember your posts about this last year! This stocking turned out beautiful. My hubby and I just found out in August we are expecting our first baby in April! So I will be starting a tradition myself of making Christmas stockings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, congratulations Sarah! I am so happy for you both! Have fun making things for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I want to do stockings for us too!

    ReplyDelete