1.13.2012

Irish Rose and Sunflower Potholders

(C) Crochet Today!
This is my newest pattern.  I'm so excited to get to show this off to you today.  I've been anxiously waiting for the preview to go up on Crochet Today's website.  I found it up when I looked last night, so here it is -- Irish Rose and Sunflower Potholders.  If you've perused very many issues of Crochet Today you've probably noticed that they usually have at least one vintage pattern redesigned.  These are a vintage redesign.  I was thrilled to hear from the editor, Theresa Gonzalez back in October, I think it was, about doing these for them, especially since I had never gotten to publish with them before.  I had submitted several designs to them and never had one accepted, so I was just about to give up on it.  Fortunately, that didn't happen!

So, these potholders are made in SMC On Your Toes Bamboo, a bamboo sock weight yarn.  They each have 2 layers, so they are a nice thickness for a potholder.  This is in the Mar/Apr issue of the magazine, which goes on sale Feb. 8th.

In unrelated news it is break-down central here at my house.  Daughters #2 and #4 have been crying most of the morning about one thing or another -- mostly it's drama, nothing serious, but it's not exactly a delightful atmosphere here.  Hopefully we'll all calm down and manage to have a nice day.

I'm just finishing another magazine design that I will be thrilled to show you in a few months.  I've started making a white shrug for Drama Queen (who ironically is not the one throwing the drama fit right now) to wear with her baptism dress in a few weeks.  In our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) kids typically get baptized around their 8th birthday, assuming that they want to.  She has chosen to get baptized, and we are very excited about this upcoming happy and special occasion, as well as her birthday.  We bought her a white dress to wear for her baptism because I don't do much sewing anymore.  However, I have some leftover sequined lace from when my mom made my wedding dress and I am going to sew some of that around the bottom of her dress.  I think that will be pretty neat.

So, I'd love to know what you think about the new pattern!  Share your thoughts with me!

Happy crocheting!

April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment