3.19.2012

Milky Way Blankie

(C) Crochet Today!

Here it is (later than promised) a blog post about the Milky Way Blankie found in the newest issue of Crochet Today! magazine.  This blanket is made in Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White and Shaded Dusk.  The stars are made with Red Heart Shimmer in Snow.  The two shades of Super Saver are used to make a large spiral, and the stars are made separately, then attached as-you-go on the last round.  You can place them randomly as I did, or use some kind of pattern, like maybe a favorite constellation of your's.  

The call for submissions for this issue asked for space-themed children's items.  The only thing I can really claim as inspiration for this pattern was that I recently saw a pattern that utilized a small spiral  as part of a freeform pattern.  Other than that bit of inspiration, this just came out of my brain.  I was really excited about the idea though, and I'm glad that the editorial staff was excited as well!

As always, I would LOVE to see finished projects!  You can post pictures on Ravelry, and I'll see them there, or you can share them on my Facebook page.  

I have to get back to work now on a design project, and do last month's biz finance.  Have a lovely week everyone!  I'll hopefully get to blog again this week about some other fun things.  Until then....

Happy crocheting!

April :)

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Congratulations on the idea that "just came out of [your] brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this while browsing the crochet world recently & it caught my eye! How cool is it that YOU designed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends! I was really excited about this design! It was one of those that I just *knew* would get published!

    ReplyDelete