1.05.2013

Blanket Goal Accomplished

 At the beginning of 2012 I set a goal to start a twin-size afghan for Lady Hops-a-lot and to finish it by the end of the year.
 I did it!  I finished it a few days before Christmas.  The blocks are made in petal stitch that I got from my Interweave Harmony Guide stitch dictionary.  There are many different sizes of blocks turned in differing directions and sewn together.  It gives it a kind of random appearance, but it was too planned to be truly random.
I made it in Berroco Comfort, a nylon/acrylic blend that can be machine washed and dried.  It is snugly  and soft.  I loved working with it.  My only problem with the yarn is that the ends are not staying woven in very well.  Not exactly sure how I will remedy that situation.  Maybe with a little fabric glue?

She chose the colors: Buttercup #9712, Grape Jelly #9739, and Primary Blue #9736.  This pattern is not published.  Maybe it never will be, maybe it will...I don't know.

Did any of my readers accomplish a big crochet goal this year?  What was it?

Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment