5.09.2013

Socks!



I finished!  The biggest motivator for me to learn to knit was to make socks.  I have a pair of crocheted socks, so yes, I know they can be crocheted, but they are wearing out very fast because they get tugged on so much in the getting on and off process -- they are not very stretchy.  Knit just works better for socks in my experience.


These are made in Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Sock Weight with 2.5mm Addi circular needles (using the Magic Loop Method).  I used the free pattern "Simple Socks" by Suzy Vitale, which I found on Ravelry.  I did find that the heel turn portion of the pattern contained errors, so I had to improvise with another pattern on the first sock, but on the second sock I understood the principle well enough to base it on the original pattern more.  These are just simple stockinette stitch socks, and for the most part, the pattern was very good.  You can maybe see that the ribbing on the left sock is loose.  That was the first one I made, and it is not quite as well-done as the second sock, but I think I've got it down now.


This picture and the next two, are just for fun, to show you the beautiful roses that have bloomed in our front yard this week.  I love these roses!  They are all a little different, but all blends of pale pink and yellow.



Close up!
Do you garden?  Knit socks?  Share your pics on my Facebook page!  I'd love to see them!

Happy stitching!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment