9.30.2013

Jacket & Jill

Jacket & Jill went up the hill...

This design is called "Jacket & Jill" -- an openwork cardigan in sizes 4[6, 8, 10] and made with Lionbrand Yarns Cotton-Ease (Worsted weight, 207yd/188m per skein).  It's found in my brand new e-book, Banana Moon Studio Book One: Girls.  You'll need 1[2, 2, 2] skeins of the main color, and 1 skein of the secondary color, plus some satin ribbon for the closure.


I think this is my favorite design in the e-book.  I love the way it fits and the way the stitch pattern naturally creates a scalloped edge on the bottom.


I loved working with Lionbrand Yarns Cotton-Ease!  It is a soft yarn that is a pleasure to stitch with.  It comes in a nice variety of colors, so I'll be excited to see other versions of this cardigan and see what colors you choose to use!  Please post pictures on Ravelry or on my Facebook page!  I also want to thank Lionbrand Yarns because they provided the yarn for this sample.  Lionbrand Yarns is an awesome company that does so much to support the designers in the crochet and knit industry!  I definitely recommend supporting them in return!


The cardigan is made from the top-down with raglan sleeves, and there is no seaming!  Did you read that?!?  NO seaming!


The difficulty level is "intermediate".  The stitches aren't complicated, but the yoke section is just a little complicated.  Dividing into body and sleeves is a little bit complicated.  If you're a confident crocheter, this will be no problem.  Once you get past that point, it's easy peasy.


Sure, there's no way you need this many pictures of this design, but I love each of these pictures (and the cute little girl in them, wink), so you get to see all of them.


I'll be blogging about each design and the yarn used to make it over the next few weeks.  Remember, the e-book is for sale for $13.99 on Ravelry, Etsy, and Craftsy.  It includes 7 patterns for girls.  You can view them all in a previous blog post or on Ravelry.

When I blog about the last pattern, I'll be running a giveaway for a free copy of the e-book for one lucky winner.  Stay tuned...

Happy stitching!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment