10.31.2013

New Pattern Alert!

(C)2013 Crochet Today!
Introducing -- "Merry Potholders", my newest crochet pattern! These potholders are going to be a wonderful addition to your kitchen!

They are a full 10"/25.5cm square! That's a nice, generous size for protecting surfaces from hot dishes. The front is crocheted, the back is fabric. There is a piece of felt in between the layers, and the binding is sewn on just like a quilt binding.

These potholders were more the brain child of the editor, Theresa Gonzalez, who sent me a picture of what she wanted and asked if I could do it. I am happy with my ability to look at a picture of something and make it. I thought they turned out pretty cute!

These were originally slated for the Nov/Dec issue, but it was so full of loveliness that this one had to be moved to the Jan/Feb issue. I believe that this issue goes on sale in early November, so you'll have plenty of time to make them still as Christmas gifts if you like!

They use Aunt Lydia's size 3 thread, and a size D hook. I actually have some extra thread that was sent to me when designing these! So, if you'd like to win 2 spools of white thread, and one spool of red, which is enough to make the set, please comment below, or tweet a link to this post @BananaMoonStdio. You can earn an entry for both, so each person can potentially get two entries! I'll add your name to the drawing and announce the winner next Thursday, Nov. 7th! I'll ship them to the winner as soon as I have the winner's address!

If you make these potholders, as always, I'd love to see pictures! It totally makes my day when someone posts a picture of something they've made from my pattern! You can post your pics to Ravelry or share them on my Facebook page.

Happy Stitching, and good luck winning the thread!
April

23 comments:

  1. Cute potholders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love working in thread, and have wanted to learn to do the technique that makes the squigely top on the potholder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are very pretty...would Love to make them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to try my hand at making these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute and I've just started working with crochet threads (instead of just yarns)! I made my first doilie and it came out so great! Can't wait to start other projects like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the potholders. great patterns. the one with the lattice work looks fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you are my winner!!! Could you please email your mailing address to me at top.banana @ bananamoonstudio . com (take out the spaces of course). Congrats!

      Delete
  7. I love your blog, its fresh and informative. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these potholders and the size is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. They would make wonderful gifts. I would love to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thread work is wonderful! The potholders are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful patterns.Red and white is all time favourite colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's something I haven't worked much with - size 3 thread. I have lots of yarn about the same size, and lots of thread size 10 and smaller. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome work of crochet, i just started learning crochets, made a few projects for my family, Crochet is very addictive and creative... I have red yarns but short of white yarns and i would love to win the spools... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome work of crochet :) i have just started learning crochet and have made a few projects for my family.,,Crochet is so addictive and creative at the same time... this potholder looks good in red and white yarn... i have some red yarn but short of white yarn... would love to win the spools :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing the red and white colors again for the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! It is hard to get thread for crochet here in Egypt but we do have some very thick sewing thread so am going to give it a go!!! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look of these, can't wait till the pattern comes out and can make some for Christmas for my friends, Thank you

    ReplyDelete