10.05.2013

Monkey Bars Winter Set

This pattern is a winter accessories set for girls that I have named "Monkey Bars Winter Set". It is made in Bernat's Vickie Howell Sheep(ish) #00007 Hot Pink(ish).


The pattern stitch is so stretchy that this one size will fit children from about ages 4-12...really.  I can actually wear this same hat that my daughter wore at age 7. The pattern stitch is also hightly textured, with these lines and square spaces. I call it the "waffle stitch".  The lines and spaces reminded me of monkey bars, and I was going for names that reminded me of the fun and sweetness of childhood.


The Bernat Vickie Howell Sheep(ish) yarn is a soft, slightly fuzzy, worsted weight, machine-washable, wool blend. Great for warmth and great for kids! The colors are really great! Lots of terrific shades to choose from! You'll need 5 skeins to make the whole set. I don't remember exactly how many skeins I used for each piece, but you could pretty safely estimate that 2 skeins would be enough for either the hat or the mittens, and 3 would definitely be enough for the scarf.


This pattern stitch uses post stitches. So you'll need to know how to do post stitches. I did a tutorial on post stitches awhile back on the blog, post is here.


What do you think? In which color would you make it? This pattern is one of the 7 patterns in my new e-book, Banana Moon Studio Book One: Girls. It is available for $13.99 on Ravelry, Etsy, Craftsy, and on my website.


Stay tuned! I'll be writing a blog post about each of the 7 patterns. When I blog about the last one, I'll run a giveaway for a free copy of the e-book! Until next time...

Happy stitching!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment