10.22.2013

On Tour with Crochetville


Today begins a brief blog tour for the release of my e-book, Banana Moon Studio Book One: Girls, thanks to some of my crochet-blogging friends! Today's stop is Crochetville - home of community forums, blog, free and for-sale pattern store, online classes, and two awesome crochet-obsessed friends, Amy Shelton and Donna Hulka.

I first met Amy and Donna two years ago at my first CGOA conference in Minneapolis, MN. They are both such friendly ladies and so passionate about crochet! I especially love and appreciate their efforts to help the cause of designers. They are helping crocheters understand just what it is designers do and encouraging appreciation for the work of the crochet designers out there.

This past March, in honor of National Crochet Month, they organized a mega blog tour that lasted all month long! I got to host a day on my blog, and it was that that motivated the design of the Peacock Feather Square that I put up on the blog for free. That blog tour was one of the best things ever for me as far as generating traffic to my site. My average pageviews per month jumped a whopping 500% and they have stayed that high ever since! Of course it helps that I have posted more regularly since then, but that exposure was definitely a big help to me!

Many thanks to Amy and Donna for reviewing my e-book on the Crochetville blog today! Please pay them a visit!

Tomorrow's stop on the tour: Cute Crochet Chat with Jocelyn Sass
Thursday's stop on the tour: Designs by Brenda with Brenda Bourg

Reminder, you can still enter the giveaway for a free copy of the e-book here on my blog by commenting on the blog post or by tweeting a link to it @BananaMoonStdio.

Thanks everyone, and happy stitching!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment