10.17.2013

Treehouse Top

And last, but not least, is "Treehouse Top" a short-sleeved pullover in sizes 12mo[2, 6, 8, 12]. Do those size options seem strange to you? The wide pattern repeats of this stitch pattern make it difficult to offer in every size, without making a very complicated pattern. The stitch pattern is a ripple stitch, with some slight texture from working every 4th row in the front loop only. This pattern is available as one of the 7 patterns in my new e-book, Banana Moon Studio Book One: Girls. The e-book is available for $13.99 on Ravelry, Etsy, Craftsy, Crochetville, and on my website.


You begin at the bottom and work up, attaching the sleeves as you go when you work the yoke. The only seaming is a small gap in the underarm -- very easy. It makes a nice square neckline with some pretty shaping from the ripple stitch.


The yarn is Lion Brand Yarns Martha Stewart Crafts Extra Soft Wool Blend (acrylic and wool). This is a great yarn! Machine washable and dryable and very soft and nice to work with. The gauge will change when it is washed and dried, so make sure you compare your gauge swatch to the stated gauge after washing and drying.


This will make a nice spring or fall sweater for a sweet girl in your life! What color would you make it in? Who will you make it for? Please share pictures on my Facebook page and/or on Ravelry! I LOVE seeing pictures of finished projects from my patterns! It totally makes my day!


And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... the giveaway!!! Leave a comment here telling me your favorite project from the e-book, or tweet a link to a post about the e-book @BananaMoonStdio with your favorite project (If you look back at previous posts there is one about each pattern, and one about the whole e-book. You can tweet a link to any of those posts to enter). I'll compile a list of entries (you can get 2 entries by commenting here and tweeting), and draw a winner, who will be announced here on the blog, and on my Facebook page, next Thursday! The winner gets a free copy of the e-book!

Next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, some of my designer friends will be reviewing the e-book on their blogs. I am so grateful to Amy Shelton of Crochetville (Tuesday the 22nd), Jocelyn Sass of Cute Crochet Chat (Wednesday the 23rd), and Brenda Bourg of Designs by Brenda (Thursday the 24th) for agreeing to host a day on the blog tour! I'll post a reminder here on each of those days about where you can find the blog post of the day. Until then...

Happy Stitching!
April

3 comments:

  1. They are all so cute, but I think I love your Treehouse Top the best! Congrats on the ebook and thanks for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, you are my winner! Can you please give me your email address or send me an email at top.banana @ bananamoonstudio . com (take out the spaces) so that I can send you the e-book? Thank you, and congrats!

      Delete
  2. I like the Monkey Bars winter set. Good job on all the patterns makes it hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete