12.21.2013

Pie Potholders

(C)2013 Crochet Today!

My newest crochet pattern, Pie Potholders, will be available in the Feb/Mar 2014 issue of Crochet Today! which goes on sale Jan 7th.

These are made in size 10 thread with a size 7 (1.65mm) steel hook. You'll need to get Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread in the following colors to make the set:

#493 French Rose
#310 Copper Mist
#1 White
#494 Victory Red
#484 Myrtle Green
#131 Fudge Brown

I love how these turned out! Theresa, the editor, sent me a few pictures for inspiration. I liked various parts of the pictures, and came up with some of my own ideas. What do you think of the finished potholders? Which one do you like best?

These aren't very thick potholders, except of course where the berries are. If you want to make them thicker, you could add a layer of felt or quilt batting between the layers of the potholder.

I was so excited just yesterday to see a picture of the cover and saw that there is a small picture of the "strawberry pie" at the bottom of the cover! I've never had a project on the cover before! Too bad it's not the cover photo, but still, I'm excited!

(C)2013 Crochet Today!

I have lots of thread leftover from making these, so I'm going to give 1 spool each of all 6 colors to one lucky blog reader! If you'd like to win the thread, please comment here and tell me which potholder is your favorite! Please include some way for me to get a hold of you, like an email address or Twitter handle.

Happy stitching, and Merry Christmas!
April

(C)2013 April Garwood

8 comments:

  1. Your potholders are adorable, congrats! My favorite is the cherry pie.

    (samantha.riesterer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I'm partial to the strawberry one. Do you like doing the kitschy stuff or the garments better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie! My favorite things to make/design are garments and accessories, but these were pretty fun.

      Delete
  3. For the first time ever, I want Cherry Pie. Both are darling!
    Diana....dloutensock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first time ever, I want Cherry Pie! Both are darling.

    ReplyDelete