12.26.2013

The Day After Christmas

A few of the craftier parts of our Christmas:


My sweetheart got me an antique spinning wheel for Christmas! It is not quite in working order, but I think we can get it working soon. There is a problem with the flyer assembly, but we're working on it. Please ignore the present-opening mess in the background.


I always make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast. These are the shaped rolls, ready to go in the fridge to rise overnight. They turned out great!


These are the handmade Christmas stockings all stuffed and ready to be opened in the morning. We had a lovely day!

My favorite part of Christmas day however is the first thing we do that morning -- placing the baby Jesus of our nativity set in the manger and reading verses from the Bible about his birth and mission. It always makes me feel so grateful for His exemplary life and the loving gift of His atoning death.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christ-centered Christmas and that you had the joy of giving and receiving! Did you give or receive any special handmade gifts this year, or crafty tools? Please share!

Merry Christmas!
April

PS - I also need to announce the winner of last week's thread giveaway! As chosen by the random number generator at random.org, the winner is JamieG!  Jamie, can you please email me your address so that I can send it to you? You can email it to top.banana @ bananamoonstudio . com. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment