2.06.2014

Off-Topic: My Other Hobby


I actually have another hobby besides knit and crochet. Gasp! This is the perfect time to blog about it because I will be heading on a trip to RootsTech this week, a very large Genealogy conference in Salt Lake City, UT.

I have been researching my family for years now, but I also serve at church by helping others research their families. In fact, this year I was also asked to be the chairperson for a genealogy conference put on by our church here in Oklahoma. It is usually attended by around 150 people. I'm nervous about it, and thankful for others who have volunteered to help.

I am excited about the classes at RootsTech! There are going to be more great classes than I could possibly attend -- it's difficult to choose which ones I want to see. I hear the vendor floor is pretty exciting too.

Now, lest you think I have forgotten about my love of yarn and yarn craft, I have looked up the closest yarn store to where I'll be staying, and I plan to make a visit.

Happy stitching and ancestor-finding everyone!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment