9.03.2014

Introducing the Bitterbrush Bandit

(C) 2014 Interweave
Better late, than never, they say. So, here I am to introduce the "Bitterbrush Bandit" shawl from Interweave Crochet's special issue, Crochetscene.

This is a traditionally-shaped triangular shawl, but is designed to be worn as a bandit scarf. It really makes a fun accessory to complete your outfit. The yarn is called Way Out Wonderful Treasures by Universal Yarn. This is a metallic yarn with attached charms throughout. I enjoyed the finished effect of the shawl with this yarn, but the yarn can be a little tricky to work with. It comes in a hank, and with good reason. I tried to wind it into a ball, but it just would not stay put. The strands would slip off each other. I eventually decided to just work with it straight from my swift. No swift? Utilize the back of a chair.

I hope that if you make one you'll add photos to Ravelry or share them on my Facebook page! I love to see photos of FOs from my patterns! Makes my day!

(C) 2014 Interweave
Now, you may be wondering, where on earth have you been???

Well, mostly, my energy has just been zippo. We've had our house on the market, and I've used up my available energy with cleaning for showings and signing a billion pieces of paper. We've finally sold it, and we move in a few weeks. We're not going far, just the city "nextdoor" to get more room inside and out. I have also been busy with work -- not completely ignoring it. The most exciting piece of news is that I am hoping to get a book deal, and have been working toward that end. I've had a few patterns come out this summer, and I think I've (now) finished blogging about all of those. There will be more in the coming months.

Don't forget you can find me on Facebook and Twitter as well. You can hear from me more often via my Facebook page, as I check in there much more frequently.

Happy stitching!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment