11.20.2014

On Fire


Introducing my newest pattern, "On Fire Wrap". This pattern is self-published, and is available on Ravelry and Etsy for $4.00. I will eventually have it available on Craftsy, but haven't gotten to it yet. It is also available in hard copy at my LYS, Gourmet Yarn Co. in Oklahoma City on the NW corner of May & Britton.

I will be teaching a project class on this wrap in January at my LYS. Hope lots of you can come! You can find out date, time, and cost, as well as sign up, by calling them at 405.286.3737.

This is the same technique that I used for the Rosalie Wrap that was published in Interweave Crochet. It is Tunisian crochet entrelac with some of the squares left empty to create a square-shaped hole. It reminds me of filet crochet, but with larger squares turned on their points.

The shape of this wrap is quite a bit different than my previous projects though. Here is a diagram that shows the flat shape of it:


I used Lang Yarns Mille Colori, a worsted weight 50/50 Wool & Acrylic blend. It is a striping yarn, so there are not color changes involved. This is a nice soft yarn that is machine washable (but lay flat to dry).



I am so happy with this wrap and look forward to seeing FOs on Ravelry and on my Facebook page!

Now, to announce the winner of last week's giveaway! Four of you fabulous friends left a comment, and my winner is Daphne! Daphne, please send me an email at bananamoonstudio @ gmail . com (leave out the spaces). If you will give me your email address, I will forward it to Interweave/F+W so that they can get you your digital copy of "Twigg Stitch." Enjoy!

Happy stitching!
April

PS - I am on Instagram now! Find me here. Username bananamoonstudio.



No comments:

Post a Comment